Rectal Diazepam Administration Refresher - Half Day
Duration: This four hour course will enable delegates to reaffirm knowledge gained from their previous full day of epilepsy awareness and rectal diazepam, with additional information concerning recent epilepsy related developments/ research.
All will have an opportunity to assess their individual epilepsy knowledge through completing the epilepsy questionnaire and have opportunity to discuss their individual experiences or concerns.
All will be able to recognise the emergency situation and act as appropriate.
This training will equip delegates with an understanding of the theory & practice of administering rectal diazepam, and the knowledge to administer rectal diazepam safely according to the individual care plan.
The administration of rectal diazepam is an emergency rescue treatment and in many settings will not be used on a regular basis; it is therefore considered good practice to attend a refresher course within 2 years of completing the full training.
Due to the practical component, places are restricted to 12.
Delegates: Those who have previously attended a full days training in Epilepsy Awareness and the Administration of Rectal Diazepam and have gained experience in caring for people with epilepsy.
Sample Course Content:
Epilepsy Recap and update:
- Updated epilepsy information
- Supportive seizure footage
- Self assessment epilepsy questionnaire
- Sudden Unexpected Death in Epilepsy (SUDEP)
- Anti-epileptic drug therapy
- The emergency situation-Status Epilepticus
- Rectal diazepam, what it is, uses in epilepsy, side effects
- Organisational policy
- Care planning and recording
- Risk assessment/promotion of safety
- Practical demonstration using an anatomical model
- Possible problems
- Ethical and legal responsibilities
- Recap question and answer session
For more information about this course and to discuss your requirements call us on 01939 236383 or via our contact form.